Give more opportunities to Filipinos.
- Improving purchasing power of Filipinos
- Increasing middle class
- Growing urbanization – worsening traffic in
- urban areas
- Increasingly busy lifestyles
- Consumer desire for convenience
- Improve marketing strategies through knowing our customers, creating brand awareness, and developing new products
- Adapting to technological advancement for automation, mobility, connectivity, and ability to provide faster, more efficient, and agile business transactions
- Establishing subsidiary companies that will provide supply chain solutions to industry pain points
- Foreign Brands – local companies will bring in more food establishments from abroad (e.g., US, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan)
- Filipino Fusion – evolution of Filipino food to compete with foreign brands
- Online Platforms – in order to reach the younger demographic and overcome the logistical barrier of traffic and parking (Food Panda, Grab Food). Also, OFWs ordering food for their loved ones.
- Alternative locations – due to high rental costs and market cannibalization in malls and in Metro Manila.
- Fast Food Growth – due to convenient locations and affordable prices
- Customized Food Delivery – for niche cuisine like keto, vegan, pure organic, and halal
- Wine Market – The Philippines is one of the fastest-growing markets for wine
- Artisanal Coffee and Gastropubs – outperformed traditional counterparts by 12% in 2018 in terms of revenue per square meter